Jun 10, 2013

Week 7

It's now week #7 and I'm still unemployed. So much for that extremely expensive piece of paper I have framed, sitting on a shelf to show everyone how smart I am. I guess it doesn't mean much in this world anymore. 

I spent years in community college trying to figure out what I wanted to do as a career for the rest of my life. After finding something I liked doing I ended up at The Art Institute, a for profit college that seemed to care more about how much you were paying each semester and less about the quality of education and job placement. I wanted to do graphic design and advertising. 

After I graduated I immediately started working on the internets. I learned a lot very quickly and really enjoyed it. I think I enjoyed the agency lifestyle more than anything; a group of like minded people, hard working, determined and ambitious.  I eventually found a home at Digitaria, an amazing agency focusing on the experience more than one specific area of interactive marketing. I began to learn SEO (search engine optimization) and love it!

I have since moved on from Digi and have been doing SEO along with account management. I'd like to continue to do something in either field or even biz dev. Hopefully something will happen soon. Week 7 of no job has not started off well. 


Is the glass half full or half empty?
We'll see by the end of the week. 

No comments: